Caloundra City 4wd Club Duty of Care Notice & Acknowledgement of Responsibility
Duty of Care
- All members and visitors alike, including passengers are reminded that their attendance or participation in any Club event is of their own choosing and that they accept full responsibility for their own actions and consequences.
- All persons, driver, visitors and passengers alike are reminded that they have a “Duty of Care” to themselves as well as others, and take all necessary reasonable steps to ensure their own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- All members and visitors alike, including passengers are reminded that although the Club attempts to conduct trips and events in the safest possible manner, there are many changing factors and unforeseen circumstances that the club and its members have no control over.
- Each member, visitor and passengers are the only persons that know their own capabilities and therefore are the only persons who know if they are capable of participating or continuing to participate in the Club event/trip.
- If these persons feel that their vehicle or themselves are incapable of participating or continuing to participate in a Club event/trip in a safe manner, then they need to withdraw at that time from the Club event/trip. If this happens, the person(s) must notify the Trip Leader or official by radio or other means of communication, of their intention to withdraw.
- Convoy Rules and Procedures, are provided by the Club for the safety and enjoyment of everyone on an event/trip.
- Your participation on any Club event/trip is conditional upon you and your passengers/visitors/guests or others, accepting the Club rules, the convoy rules and therefore accepting your own liability of your own actions at all times.
- Please remember that any event or trip is much more enjoyable when each of us takes care, not only of ourselves, but also the safety of others.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
I/We the undersigned acknowledge that I/We
- Are joining in the activities of the Caloundra City Four Wheel Drive Club Inc. ('The Club") in the acknowledge that the Club is only the co-ordinating entity and does not exercise any authority over me/us.
- Do not rely for my/our safety or the safety of my/our belonging on the Club. it's Rules, it's Office Bearers, Trip Leaders, Members or other actual or implied agents.
- Are fully aware that others involved in the activity are comprised of varying degrees of experience, talents, skills and expertise and are not Responsible in any way for my/our safety or the safety of my/our passengers or belongings whether or not any such person is involved in the activity as a guide, advisor, expresses an opinion or volunteers to assist me/us during the activity.
- Are solely responsible for my/our own personal safety and that of the occupants of my/our vehicle.
- Where I/we as the drivers, are the best judges of my/our own experiences. abilities, talents, skills and expertise as off-road drivers and that I/am are alone relying on the self assessment of those experiences, abilities, talents, skills and expertise as off-road drivers in attempting any and all off-road tasks whether alone or in a convoy with Members of the Club.
- Are encouraged to only drive within our known abilities, talents, skills, and expertise and to either request advice of help from others participating in the activity or to withdraw from the activity or any part of it that appears to me/us to require experience, abilities, talent, skills and expertise that I/we do or should acknowledge that I/we do not possess.
- Are embarking not in a competition but rather an intended safe off-road experience whereby Club Members and their guests are able to enjoy Australian natural wonders off-road in vehicles well suited and maintained for the purpose
- Are solely responsible for my/our own vehicle including its state of repair and shortcomings, if any.
- Will not make any claim whether at law or in equity against the Club, it's Officer's, Members and Club Guests arising out of these activities unless arising out of some criminal act.
- Jointly and severally hereby fully indemnify the Club, It's Officers, Members and Club Guests against any and all loss or damage arising out of any and all claims whether in law or equity brought by me/us, any dependent or occupant of my/our vehicle or their legal representatives.
- I/WE FUTHER acknowledge that
- My/our vehicle is registered under the appropriate state legislation and fully insured for both on-road and off-road use including for third party personal and property damage, and
- I am/we are familiar with club convoy rules and procedures and will observe them at all times.
- I/We will not allow any person to drive or otherwise to take control of my/our vehicle unless that person is a license driver and that person had been made aware and has read and signed this acknowledgement.
- All children and pets accompanying me/us are properly supervised so as to ensure their safety and the safety of others.
- The vehicle under my/our control is suitably equipped for off-road use, has suitable towing hooks on both the front and the rear of the vehicle and has on board adequate food, water, first aid, retrieval equipment and UHF radio.